For those who struggle to curl their own hair, but love to leave their hair curled, preserving those curls overnight can be decently difficult. The last thing we want to do is crush the curls that we’ve only been able to enjoy for a few hours, and let’s face it, sleeping with curlers in hurts and sleeping with a braid in leaves stiff crimped lines. So, instead of figuring out how to preserve your curls after you’ve styled them, prepare how to keep them overnight from the moment you decide you want to curl your hair.
To keep your curls intact, you’ll need
- Leave in/deep conditioner.
- Hair scrunchie (NOT a tight elastic).
- Soft sleep cap.
Steps to keeping your curls intact overnight
- First, you want to gently spray your hair (while it’s dry) with the leave in conditioner. Once you’ve done this, you want to flip your hair over and loosely begin to put your hair into a ponytail on top of your head. Take the scrunchie and fit it around the ponytail you’ve pulled together with your fingers, and make sure the scrunchie is loose.
- Second, make sure that your hair is being held in place – loosely! Once you’re content that the scrunchie is loose enough, spread your hair out on top of your head rather than leaving it in a pile.
- Third, once your hair is spread from the top of the scrunchie, take your soft sleep cap and place it gently over your hair, once you’ve done this, you should be good to go to sleep and your curls should be decently intact in the morning. If they’re not as bouncy, that’s normal, but if you add some hairspray, you should be able to maintain the curls that are left.